Last night for dinner we had what I will call simply, chicken burritos.
I found a recipe on Pinterest (whaatt?!) and adapted it to what we would like in ours.
You can find the original pin on my "F O O D" board if you follow me, here.
But for a quicker reference you can find the recipe that I adapted, here. Her recipe looks great but I am not a big fan of fresh cilantro.
Enough chit-chat, here's my version which I think was absolutely delicious!!
You can find the original pin on my "F O O D" board if you follow me, here.
But for a quicker reference you can find the recipe that I adapted, here. Her recipe looks great but I am not a big fan of fresh cilantro.
Enough chit-chat, here's my version which I think was absolutely delicious!!

You will need:
1. tray of chicken
1. can of corn
1/4 c. salsa
1. can of kidney beans
1. can of canellini beans
1. avocado
1. jalapeno
1. garlic clove
1. cup of water
1. chicken bouillon cube
8-10 tortillas
shredded cheese
I began by putting the tray of chicken in one of our crock pots with the bouillon cube, 1 c. of water and a 1/4 c. salsa. for about 3-4 hours so it would stay moist and shred easily.
Once the chicken was done I preheated the oven to 400 degrees.
Meanwhile, I used our food processor to mince up a garlic clove and a fresh jalapeno.
Toss those in a pan just long enough to get them soft.
In a large bowl mix your beans (rinsed and drained), half the can of corn or all however you prefer. I personally think a little corn goes a long way so we only used half. Dice up your avocado and mix in as well, followed by your jalapeno/garlic and your chicken.
Once it is all mixed up, divide it among your 8-10 tortillas. We had enough to do 8 large tortillas (that's all we had) but I had left over chicken mix to put away in the fridge.
After adding the mix to each tortilla I sprinkled a small amount of Kraft Mexican Four Cheese in before rolling it up and placing it in a glass dish, lined with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake in oven for 15 minutes and you're done.
-
I loooved this meal, even again today for lunch.
Austin had three last night with extra salsa.
We will definitely be eating this again!
Hope you enjoy it ..if you make it!
*
P.s Don't judge the cell phone pictures, I am not about to take my nice camera in the kitchen and make extra messes for cute pictures of food! ;)
Oh girl they look delicious. Great recipe.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to reply to your comment you left for me. I have some good hair products I would recommend for you, but you're a "no reply" Blogger. Email me and I will reply back: thefitnessblondie@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteXO