Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Progress...

Before I say anything..I have to share the cuteness,
this dog right here- Blondie.. is a good dog, she listens, she has personality, she is well behaved (just like her dog sister, Paisley) however sometimes she can be a brat. Most mornings I lay back in bed after my husband goes to work for about an hour checking facebook, pinterest and blog lovin'. Usually I tell her "no" a dozen times while she sits next to the bed ready to pounce up here. Yesterday (& on occasion)  I let her. This is how she sleeps up here.


Okay, sorry back on track.. we will start with progress back home.

 Meet my hott parents,
you would never guess they're about to be grandparents. These two never slow down, some of the most active people I know. Heck, they go out and do things more than Austin and I do (haha). Anyways, they have been working their tails off on our house. Long story short, an extra house on their property means a huge burden off our shoulders of finding a place to live when we move home without jobs.
(Prayer warriors: Keep us in prayer for Austin's school//job and the two job opportunities I have lined up possibly at home)

Our home, like my parents is an old army barrack duplex.
I have so many things I want to blog about lined up and one of them is my parent's house. My dad took their army barrack, probably close to 20 years ago, knocked down the dividing wall and made it one house. He did a fantastic job, not to mention the huge porch they have on the front.

Some of my best memories are in that house, I still love it. There is a porch half this size on the back and as you can tell the whole thing doesn't even fit in a picture.

My mom's decorating skills are fabulous also, I love that in her home she is original  - no "pin"spiration, no magazines, all her.

...baaack on track, my point being, my parent's know what they're doing when it comes to a remodel, if I can use that word here. They have done way too much for us already and each day it seems like another "Blessing" gets poured out on us via my parents.
We are thankful for what they're doing.
*
In our house was shag, yep, shag carpet. Green/gold-ish shag carpet in all of the bedrooms. The living room and hall had fresh new carpet that my grandpa had put in.

Guess what!?
Thanks to my parent's kindness and a young craigslist guy who heard the word "Marine Veteran" while my parents were picking up this laminate...there is no more shag carpet anywhere in the house. The CL guy gave my parents all of this laminate AND other laminate items for a steal of a price because he wanted to bless a Marine and his family. Thank you.
 1. My Dad doing something handy
2. The counter tops my Mom picked out waiting to go in the kitchen
3. the living room//dining room floor - I'm in loveeee.
 My parents had a guy come out and take up this gorgeous carpet above that was in the living room and put it in two of the three bedrooms..
1. Nursery
2/3/4. Master Bedroom
-


Even though my mom is not in any of these pictures she is just as much a part of it as my Dad. When I think of these two and how they're trying to bless my sweet husband, myself and our baby boy on-the-way..my heart overflows with gratitude.
  Instead of us moving home and moving furniture around while Austin and my dad get this stuff done, they are sacrificing their time to get it done for us.

Thank you Dad & Mom,
we pray God pours His blessings out over yall ten-fold.

-
Meanwhile out here my sweet husband has managed to get so much packed up and put in the garage since we get our moving truck in less than a week. I am so thankful for his hard work here, he knows I can't lift so he has done double the work and it gives me so much peace.
The house looks so empty with wall decor down, furniture moved out and empty cabinets. One step closer to moving HOME and being with our families!

4 comments:

  1. Brings tears to my eyes...your sweet words and thankfulness. All glory to G-d, He is the Provider of our health, strength, & contact with people who are HIS choice to help us. HE is faithful and so worthy to be praised!! --your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeh that is the sweetest!
    I don't know what I could say to even cover that.
    Your parents, the laminate guy. wow.

    Congratulations! Here's to praying your move is effortless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. the barrack-house is the coolest freaking thing ever. What a sweet place to live - ahhh that deck!

      Delete
  3. This looks awesome! Your parents sure know what they are doing and kindness and commitment is even greater! I'm so happy for you, Austin, and baby boy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com