Whenever I first met Lydia she was a few months pregnant, her husband worked with my husband and we lived about 2 miles away from each other. She was my first friend out here, little did I know just how much of a friendship we would build in 4 years.
Shortly after we met our husbands got their orders for Afghanistan and before we knew it they were off for deployment #1. While they were gone we made the best of things, plenty of girl's nights with other friends in each other's homes with board games, dinner, deserts and walks through our neighborhood each night.
Lydia along with a few others became like family.
About 2-3 weeks after the boys left Lydia called me around 5:30 and said she thought her water broke but she wasn't sure.
This crazy girl drove herself to my house and I drove us to the hospital. Lydia got checked in and the nurse went to check on her, behind the curtain I heard
"You're not leaving here Today without a little boy"... LYDIA was IN LABOR.
Our friend Julie showed up at the hospital also and we took turns driving home to get Lydia and Tanner's stuff, letting our puppies out, getting dressed and getting ready for the big day. Lydia was such a trooper, calm, collective and strong even though her husband was overseas missing the birth of their first baby. I admire her so much. I believe it was around 5pm that the Dr. said she was ready to start pushing,
I kneeled in a chair because I don't do blood and things like that very well. With Julie on one side and myself on the other I want to say Lydia pushed for about 15 mins and there he was. I cut his cord and Julie and I began snapping pictures to make sure her husband got to see this moment!
This is a very special day to me and I've grown to love this little boy, his family and his little sister so much. I can not believe he is turning 3, today.
I've always thought of my husband and Tanner when Klove plays this song that came out right after Tanner was born:Be strong in the Lord
And never give up hope
You're gonna do great things
I already know God's got His hand on You
So don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would say
Tanner Lane, I pray that you live a long, healthy happy life. Loving your family, your country and Jesus. I pray as our pastor prays at church that your testimony would be you've served Jesus your whole life, no I took this wrong path and that wrong path. I pray that you continue to bring your Mom and Dad lots of joy and love that sister of yours more each day. I pray you become a big,strong,man that others admire and look up to. You're a sweetheart Tanner and we love you!
Happy 3rd Birthday sweet boy!!



What a sweet day!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a sweet story you got to be part of.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Love that song, brought tears to my eyes. Will be in agreement with you, Avery girl, that this young man would always LOVE and SERVE the Creator of the Universe and Lover of our souls, Yeshua HaMachiach (Jesus the Messiah) --your mom
ReplyDelete