Monday, August 5, 2013

It's August!

It's August which means this is the month we pack up our entire house, the car and the dogs to make the much anticipated trip HOME. 
We are leaving the East Coast & finally getting our feet back on South Texas soil. This has been a long time coming and we are so excited. It's going to be sad to leave a handful of friends out here along with a church we absolutely love, but moving close to family and being in our favorite place, Texas ... we couldn't be more happy. We had our pre-inspection on the house last week and I continued to pack a little here and there. It helped that last week was pretty much a wash out, so I didn't want to be pool side or at the beach. 
I asked Austin to bring home a paper or two when he stopped at the store, see pic #2. Not much goes on in this little town where we've spent the last 4 years, however last week filming of the new fall tv series " Sleepy Hollow" was being shot right here. Of course, at one of the shadiest motels right outside of our neighborhood.. pretty neat.

We still have quite a bit of packing to do and about two weeks left here,
but we will make the most of it- I'm sure. It will be interesting trekking halfway across America in a bench seat u-haul 5 months pregnant with a 65lb labrador and 75lb labrador..
I am praying we all have patience with each other.

Meanwhile back at home my parents have been working religiously on getting the place next door set up for us, we of course could do all of this when we got home but these folks love to bless others and I am so thankful for every ounce of sweat and every dime they're putting out for us.

They had done a lot before we even visited last time but they are just going above and beyond.

1. They pulled up all the brand new carpet in the living room to have laid in the bedrooms where shag carpet was. While they scored an AMAZING deal on laminate wood flooring off of craigslist, they then got an even better deal when the man wanted to bless a Marine (my husband). God is good, you can see the wood in picture #1.
2. No more shag carpet in the bedrooms!!
3. My mom stained the kitchen cabinets
4. They got new counter tops for the kitchen
5. My grandma's husband's daughter bought a house that came with an electric stove, brand new but the house runs on gas. My grandma gave it to us.

This is just a few of the things they have been working their tails off on. My Dad painted and laid a beautiful counter top down in the master bath before we were home last time, my mom still wants to paint and my dad has been filling cracks and painting as well. This weekend they may even lay down the flooring from the living room, to the kitchen and down the hall.  I am so thankful for all of their selfless acts of kindness.

-
Out here this weekend we went to the Farmer's Market and then found ourselves at a fish market. I had a super happy man whenever he saw "frog legs" on the sign. We left with a pound.

On Sunday after church he made me some onion rings and then cut up the frog legs, de-boned them and fried them. I ate my weight in onion rings until I didn't feel so good but I did try the frog legs. The tiny pieces were the best, the bigger pieces tasted pretty "game-y". However I don't see myself ever ordering them out anywhere, they more or less made me excited about hunting season so we can eat some fried deer meat.. that's where it's at!

That pretty much sums up our weekend,
I've got some house chores to get onto now.

Hope yall have a blessed week!



Blog hop:
Monday Morning Gossip
This Weekend I...tried frog legs.
Weekend Shenanigans
Mingle Monday

9 comments:

  1. It is like breathing...loving on your children. I think it is why the Creator sent His SON to die for us. There is nothing we understand better than loving a child...Creator could not have given a greater sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh, and that 19 week 'bump'....i get that after a bag of chips, gosh. --mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for your move home, and with the little one on the way... even more special! I hope you have a safe trip and that it's as comfortable as it can be. I was 6 months with Trista when we moved from NY to Texas, so I completely appreciate what you will go through. Glad to have the internet to be able to keep in touch!

    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! It will be an interesting ride, that is for sure. I hope to sew baby boy a few items before he gets here. If I do I will have to show you. I really appreciate everything you shared with me. You are a blessing!

      Delete
  4. Eeeeek! I'm so excited for you guys to get back to your family! I know that once baby boy comes, you will be so glad to have your family by your side! Maybe one day, we can get our tails out that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tooooo. Please let us know if you ever make it down this way, you'd have a place to stay and we have so many cool things out here to do. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, it looks like your new home in Texas is going to be amazing. Congrats on your move, I can only imagine how excited you are. Saw you on the blog hop - have a great night, new friends :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com