Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A year ago, today...

I honestly forgot today was  the day, 
I thought it was tomorrow but my friend Julie reminded me..
A year ago today our husband's unit was returning home from Afghanistan.

This was his second tour in less than a year.
The second homecoming was just as exciting as our first one. There is no feeling like the first hug, seeing his plane land, seeing him walk up, seeing him period,  holding and kissing your husband for the first time in seven months.

Deployments are a whole other topic,
but for now I couldn't help but share some pictures.
I would've done this tomorrow but Julie has a brain for both of us- thanks frannie!

(Homecoming sheet on the garage, Check out Aaron Watson's song "Next to Heaven")
This girl, Julie was my deployment buddy both times.
She listened, helped, blessed and ran with me the entire
 time both times from a 10k to a half marathon.


Waiting in the hangar, knowing your husband is finally stateside is such a comforting feeling. You'll no longer be spending your weekends, evenings, mornings, holidays alone,
your best friend and husband is home!

Here they come, he's in the front!

The BEST feeling.

If you are a military spouse going through or preparing for your first homecoming,
I STRONGLY recommend hiring a photographer or asking a friend.
I am so thankful I have pictures from both!

Here's some from our first..




I'm telling you, get pictures taken..totally worth it!

*
Who would've guessed in a year that we would be expecting our first baby, a sweet boy and be two days from moving home for good.
 I absolutely love the comfort of knowing my best friend is home for good.
 I love having him around and seeing him daily instead of only e-mailing or getting a random phone call. I am so proud of him and everything he did in the Marine Corps.
Not many 25 year olds can say they picked up the rank he did
or have two 7 month tours to Afghanistan under their belt.

Love you sweet husband,
so happy to have you home for good.

2 comments:

  1. awww this is so sweet.
    I'm so anxious for our first deployment.
    We have about a year, but I think about it often.
    Hope I find a good friend, much like it looks like you did.

    Definitely hire a photographer. every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl..
      It is a consuming thought, especially with the first one. Then closer to it coming it becomes the elephant in the room. Haha We decided to just have one big talk about, get all my questions out in the open, my concerns, pray about it constantly while asking for peace and God was merciful. I pray you find a good friend to keep you company and lift you up like I did. If you need anything, you know how to find me! :)

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com