Saturday evening we had plans to meet some friends for dinner,
a couple and their two kiddos. I was pretty excited to see them and enjoy some good mexican food.
We went into town early so I could pick up a belly band at Target
(all the size small ones, were empty..some prego girl is stealin stuff!)
and I thought it was awesome because Austin let me wander the same three aisles .. TWICE. We got a text from Lydia saying they were there so we left, another shock because usually Austin gets there first but this time we were on time. We pulled in, the parking lot was pretty empty and when we walked in...
Julie!
Megan!
Lydia with a camera!
Kahly!
The kiddos!
Their husbands!
Boy balloons!
Cupcakes!
Presents!
I still get speechless when I think of it. They threw us a surprise baby shower!!!!
I just can't believe it. It made me feel so so so happy that we have friends that would do this for our sweet little boy. I want to tear up just thinking about it.
What a blessing and what a great group of people.
Selfless people that spent their money, their Saturday evening, their gas to come and bless our family!

We enjoyed our meal, conversations and started opening gifts.

We got an adorable handmade canvas,
wipes, gift card, binkies, clothes,
a handmade crocheted blue blanket,
blankets that are so soft I want to use them..
one has a baseball glove and hat (his future favorite sport) and one has his last name embroidered on it!! He got a vintage baseball frame that I can't wait to put a picture in.
They even got my mom in on it and she sent "Daddy" and "Mommy" outfits. He got a little outfit that has the cutest monsters on it with a matching hat and Tanner got him some socks that will always make me smile because of how proud Tanner was to give them to us!
The sweet Taylor's who have given us so much gave us a high chair too!
I am so thankful for all the ways God has provided for our sweet baby boy and the friends He's given us.

.jpg)
Thank yall!!
Made me tear up too. Praying Yah will bless them all for their kindnesses! --Mom
ReplyDeleteAw this is so sweet!!! Yay for a surprise shower!!
ReplyDeleteOn another note: My Target NEVER has anything in an XS or S in their maternity section. It is like they get it and sell out the day they put it on display!