Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturday Morning Workout

My Spark and Catalyst came in the mail yesterday, thanks sweet husband! So I literally had no reason to not go to the gym. 
I didn't make it yesterday

.

As I mentioned here, I am doing the "New Rules of Lifting" routine.
  You are suppose to do each workout eight times but honestly I was getting bored with that routine. Each week you should increase weight and decrease reps. I really liked stage one but needed to change it up. The work outs are perfect for a before work workout because they don't take too long but some days I felt like it really wasn't enough.
So I'd add in some extra sets of something.
Workout A included
Squats, Push ups, Seated Rows, Step up and Prone Jackknife.
Workout B was
Deadlift, Shoulder press, Wide Grip lat pull down, lunges and swiss ball crunch.

My husband said he could definitely tell I've been doing squats
 (great compliment because he is the king of squats and awesome legs!!) which made me super happy. I loved doing them and deadlifts. I can't do much weight if any on the squat because I am still working on perfecting my form but  on deadlift I've gotten up to 55lbs. I am proud of that, even if some of you out there think it's lightweight.

This morning against the rules of New Rules,
I began Stage Two. It was just what I needed.
I woke up early and took my supplements.
 

Catalyst, Muscle Fuel, Spark and BioCharge. All Advocare products, found here.
My supplements need sometime to soak in so I sat down and wrote down stage two, with a couple of additional sets/exercises.  I used to HATE working out on Saturday mornings because I'd rather cuddle on the couch with Austin and stay in pjs. But he was so persistent and made us go anyways. I am so thankful because it feels great to get in a good workout on the weekend. He is so motivated and motivates me to be better and better.
Anyways,Stage two includes
Front Squat press, step up, dumbbell one-point row, static lunge with rear foot elevated, push up , plank and horizontal cable wood chop. I added a one mile run for a warm up, Frankensteins for stretching, dumbbell shoulder press, bicep curl and tricep dips. I also lifted one leg to make the plank a little more challenging. This was my first time using Muscle Fuel before a workout, I could feel myself ready to go in about thirty minutes. My only recommendation, take it for weights only not a run. It didn't sit well during my run which  I should've known  because liquid never sits well with me 30 mins before a run.
But no doubt for just weights it's an awesome product.

I had a really good workout and no one was there most of my workout!

I love having the gym to myself!
If you haven't bought New Rules yet, I highly recommend it. I keep it with me my whole workout because it has pictures of each exercise so I can make sure I'm doing them right.

I am determined to get in better shape for my man,
I always dedicate myself during deployments for him but I need to do it all the time. He deserves it!

Hope your Saturday is fun and healthy!
Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. You're just awesome! I'm so glad you get the chance to do what you love =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I didn't workout today but I'm going to try to do a workout tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com