Almost a year ago I bought a book called

"The new rules of lifting, for Women"
Lift like a man, look like a goddess.
A friend had suggested it and once I go it, I couldn't put it down. It sparked something in me and weeks later I signed up to get certified as a personal trainer. I want to know more about being healthy, being strong, eating healthy and doing whatever I can for my body to give it everything it needs.
I was going to start it two weeks ago but because of my head injury I had to lay around instead. With a little bit of Motrin, Spark and Catalyst yesterday I was off to the gym to start the new routine. According to this book there are 7 stages, each about 4-6 weeks long. Each work out is to be done 3x a week, with a rest day in between because they are full body workouts.
It didn't look like much but by the time I got to my last set which is a AMRAP (as many reps as possible) everything was aching. I struggle with patience when it comes to muscles and working out, I want to get them the right way as quickly as possible.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in fitness,
strength training and learning how muscles/gym/strength training works for females. This isn't like most things you see on pinterest. It's not going to get you stick thin by doing 7 jumping jacks, 7 squats, 7 push ups and 7 toe touches before your shower.
(those kill me, it's unrealistic...I know every little bit helps, but that's a whole other can of worms.)This is about building and becoming stronger.
Check it out, I got mine on amazon!
Not only did I get a good work out in and
some spring cleaning but when Austin got home it was a gorgeous afternoon where we sat on the back porch while he grilled dinner for us.
Pretty much a perfect day!

"The new rules of lifting, for Women"
Lift like a man, look like a goddess.
A friend had suggested it and once I go it, I couldn't put it down. It sparked something in me and weeks later I signed up to get certified as a personal trainer. I want to know more about being healthy, being strong, eating healthy and doing whatever I can for my body to give it everything it needs.
I was going to start it two weeks ago but because of my head injury I had to lay around instead. With a little bit of Motrin, Spark and Catalyst yesterday I was off to the gym to start the new routine. According to this book there are 7 stages, each about 4-6 weeks long. Each work out is to be done 3x a week, with a rest day in between because they are full body workouts.
It didn't look like much but by the time I got to my last set which is a AMRAP (as many reps as possible) everything was aching. I struggle with patience when it comes to muscles and working out, I want to get them the right way as quickly as possible.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in fitness,
strength training and learning how muscles/gym/strength training works for females. This isn't like most things you see on pinterest. It's not going to get you stick thin by doing 7 jumping jacks, 7 squats, 7 push ups and 7 toe touches before your shower.
(those kill me, it's unrealistic...I know every little bit helps, but that's a whole other can of worms.)This is about building and becoming stronger.
Check it out, I got mine on amazon!
Not only did I get a good work out in and
some spring cleaning but when Austin got home it was a gorgeous afternoon where we sat on the back porch while he grilled dinner for us.
Pretty much a perfect day!
I'm going to have to get this! It looks like such a good read =)
ReplyDeleteYou'll love it!
DeleteI'm gonna have to try this. My husband and I just started working out together. I don't know much about working out so I depend on Jimmie to help. Before we started working out together I would just do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I see do it on days Jim plays basket ball and we won't have time to workout. I used to cringe at the thought of lifting weights or exercising but I'm becoming totally addicted. It's exciting to see how much faster your body changes with lifting. Wish my luck I have about 25-30 lbs to lose and I've already lost 46.8. I also just started blogging.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it! This book is great and lifting is addicting!! If you ever have any qs feel free to shoot them my way!
Delete