Monday, April 1, 2013

Accidents happen...

The week after our picture session,
it was gorgeous here on the East Coast!

We went to a Gun Show and Austin wanted to go shoot afterwards but we then agreed on taking the dogs out to enjoy the beautiful day, at one of our favorite spots. There is a huge field where he can hit the tennis ball with his baseball bat and the dogs can run and run.

 As we were leaving Austin bent over in front of me, I knew he was about to swing the bat so as I recall, I stopped (facing forward).
Next thing I remember was my sunglasses falling off,
Austin turning around looking as if he had seen a ghost,
grabbing a hold of me,
a horrible headache as Austin smashes his hand to my forehead saying
"Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh I am so sorry, you need stitches, I am so sorry"..
I go to lean over to get my sunglasses and phone, still not completely aware of what happened and Austin takes my hand, smashes it to my forehead where I can then feel it's wet and dripping down my face.
He takes his shirt off, puts it up against my forehead and walks me to the car..
apologizing the entire time. All of this feels like it happened in a quick minute.

I apparently did not stop far enough behind Austin and took a bat right to the head.
He said when he swung the bat behind him and felt it make contact, his heart sank.
Bless his heart, he reacted so incredibly quick but felt so bad. We dropped the dogs off at home, well he did, I sat in the car praying for my headache to go. It felt like I had sucked a whole lot of chlorine up my nose. Austin talked to me the whole way to Urgent Care, when we got there the Dr. numbed my forehead with several shots and stitched me up...the whole time cracking jokes about my face looked like a masacre, Bates Motel (???) etc.

(about an hour after)
Austin held my hand the entire time and spent the next couple of days caring for me.
 He is my rock, He ended up having to leave (yes, super sucky...thanks USMC...) for about a week.
Kaylee and Melissa brought us dinner also, what a blessing.

Friday after he left I was feeling so depressed, sad he had to be gone,
sad I couldn't get up and workout, or run the 5k I had signed up for,
couldn't start my lifting program, couldn't go to work, wasn't healed yet...
when all of this happened (Saturday) I thought for sure I'd be back to work and my normal self on Monday, almost a week later...no where near. Austin talked to me that morning and said I needed to go back to the Dr. so both my friends Julie and Kaylee offered to take me. Julie drove me to the ER on her day off and spend 6+ hours with me, followed by taking me to Walmart.

Finally I had an answer,
I was still suffering from a concussion and I have a "cracked" nose as the Dr put it. I felt so relieved to know just why I wasn't feeling better yet. They also removed all 10 stitches.


When I got home from the ER these beautiful flowers got delivered,
my MIL sent them. Then I got a box of clothes and shoes from my mom so I'd "feel better". The girls at work all chipped in so Kaylee could feed me over the weekend, both of my sister in law's called and several friends text/ facebook to check in on me. It couldn't have come at a better time,
just knowing I had people caring (besides of course my man and parents) blessed my heart.

If it hadn't been for my friend Kaylee coming over to keep me company, I feel like I would've gone crazy. I couldn't drive, couldn't read, couldn't do much but lay there..

Kaylee left her family each night to stay with me and make sure I was okay,
she brought me dinner,
took me out of the house to get some fresh air,
introduced me to Pitch Perfect
and just kept me company.
I pray God blesses her tenfold,
words cant express just how much that meant to me.

By the time I picked Austin up on Tuesday he kept saying he couldn't believe how good all of it looked,
the cut, my black eyes...everything. I was so happy to have him home.

Thank goodness for Arnica (bruising) and Neosporin,
It really has healed up quite a bit. I still have headaches each day but they're getting more tolerable.

I am so thankful it wasn't worse,
accidents happen and I know the Lord was looking out for me.
I am also so glad we had pictures done the week  before!!

Sorry that was such a huge post,
Blessings!







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com