Yesterday as I was cleaning the house and listening to Klove, I heard them ask for prayer for the victims in Boston and then it went back to music. I got online and nothing was even on facebook yet, however I found the story on yahoo. At the time all they knew was two explosions happened at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
As the afternoon progressed more and more stories came up but still not much more information is available, even as of this morning.
As the afternoon progressed more and more stories came up but still not much more information is available, even as of this morning.
I continued to listen to Klove through out the afternoon to try and stay posted, Klove prayed on air for the families, first responders ,runners, our nation and Boston. What other country allows you to pray on air? Klove played music that reminded anyone listening our God is in control, Our God is our refuge and how God is in charge even in the midst of chaos. As of right now there are 3 casualties and over 140 injured. No one has said who did this but they have found several more bombs that hadn't detonated.
Why? Why would someone go and hurt people out to have a good, safe, time? It's not like these people were protesting or starting riots. They were running. As a runner this hit a little too close to home. I would probably never qualify for the Boston Marathon seeing as how I don't even have a desire to run a full marathon. Still, to think of such an innocent sport and it's bystanders being targeted makes me sick. I go from angry to sad about this event. The devil is rearing his ugly head too much for my liking these days.
As American's in our free country we shouldn't have to worry about bombs. Bombs. Such a weird word to write about and even see in the same sentence as "American". This doesn't happen here. We're suppose to be safe here.
For the runners ..I can not even imagine what they're going through. When you run a race it is one of the most freeing, happy, care free times. There is no sport like running. The comradery among runners is indescribable. You have people you don't even know cheering you on, handing you water, holding up signs, excited for you when you cross the finish line as they wait for their runner to cross, other runners encourage you, respect you in the race and you all have a connection. The bombs that went off happened at one of the most exciting spots in your race, the finish line. A spot you look forward to seeing, right next to the place your family and friends will be standing to enjoy this special moment with you. That spot is where my friends would have been standing, where my entire world,my husband would have been standing. I just can't imagine.
In times like these I can't help but feel scared,
when we go to the mall I pray God protects us,
when we go to the movie theater I can't help but pray that we make it home safely
and now when we run a race?
I try not to fear, for I know fear does not come from God. The devil himself instills fear and what we should be doing now is reminding ourselves and each other that God is bigger than this. God is bigger than evil. It doesn't mean this won't happen, it doesn't mean we won't get hurt but while we are trusting in Him for protection we can stand on His promises. He has promised to be our refuge and in that we can find peace. As a nation we also need to be more in tune to His plans and His desires. We cant only go to him when we're hurting, when we're scared and when evil has already shown.
We should be going to Him about everything, every minute, everyday.
Think of those who contact you only needing things, those "friends" we call users. Let us not be users to someone who is our strength, died for us and protects us from more evil than we can even imagine.
May we trust in Him and continue to pray for those in Boston.
Here is some beautiful lyrics from "Forever Reign" by Hillsong.
(Knowing I can run into His arms with all I love, is comforting)
You are good, You are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love, You are love
On display for all to see
You are light, You are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope, You are hope
You have covered all my sin
You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true, You are true
Even in my wandering
You are joy, You are joy
You're the reason that I sing
You are life, You are life,
In You death has lost its sting
Oh, I'm running to Your arms,
I'm running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign
& I'll wrap up with this quote I saw on facebook,
I am a runner.
I may have not qualified this year.
I may have qualified and not run.
I may have been injured and unable to go.
I may have never qualified.But, I AM A RUNNER.
And, my heart is in Boston today.
April 15, 2013 (via Shannon Neinas)
As a runner, as an American and as a Christian I will be praying for those affected as well as praying for our Country on a daily basis. Let's turn her back to her roots, God. This country was founded on God and the further she gets from Him, the worse off she'll be. Yesterday just wouldn't have felt right without a run, so myself and my friend from Boston enjoyed a good run while being thankful for the ability to run. Everyday is a gift.

Very scary! We all need to stay vigilent.
ReplyDeleteI love your post because I am on the same page as you! No one is promised tomorrow, we need to be happy each day. Trusting God and having faith in Him, is the only thing the we can do to find peace.
I feel sorry for people who do not know God, they must have no peace and no hope-that is sad!
Your newest follower,
Brooke
=)
I agree, I've always wondered what people who don't have the Peace of Jesus do in times like these. Thanks for following and stopping by! :)
Delete