Monday, January 7, 2013

Back!!

Well, since I'm the worst blogger in the world...this thing hasn't been updated since July! So let's try this blogging thing again (what is this,the tenth time?).
2012 Re-Cap
As 2012 wraps up, I wanted to take a minute and go over it. This has been one of the most interesting years so far in my 'adult' life.

In January 2012 my grandfather passed away just weeks before my husband deployed for our second deployment. It was the first death of a family member in my entire 23 (at the time) years of life , that I had actually spent a decent amount of time around. I was so thankful my husband was still home to comfort me and see me through this event. I'm also thankful my parents had each other back home, to heal together.

A few short weeks after that my husband headed out on his second deployment, a seven month withdraw began. This deployment was much "easier" in some ways than the first one, day one was just as hard knowing what was ahead. He was also able to call a little bit more than the first time, staying in touch brings so much peace.

In February I turned 24 years old and that's about all, nothing too exciting.

In March some friends and I signed up for a fitness boot camp, it started at 5am M-W-F and lasted about 45 mins to an hour, it was one of our biggest accomplishments and so fulfilling!

As soon as we were done with boot camp, in April we began training for a half-marathon. We also celebrated being half-way done with the deployment! In this month Austin also got to attend a USO show overseas and saw Toby Keith!

In May I ran my first half marathon with my deployment,running,texting , dog-mom, havelock best friend, Julie. We finished in 1:59 and what an accomplishment, if memory serves me right we trained in only 3 weeks! Austin was so proud of me and thanks to another friend, I was able to send him pictures of me crossing the finish line and a few after!

In June & July ...I can't remember much happening, other than preparing for our homecoming!

In August my sweet husband returned home,safely. Praise the Lord! It was just as awesome as every other time he's gone and returned! Shortly after his return the base he was living on went under attack, I honestly would've been a wreck had that happened while he was over there, God is so good to us and to my heart!

In September we took post-deployment leave and headed down to SC for vacation! We had a great,great,time! It was the first vacation we took for ourselves and it was a blast.

In October we sold Austin's truck and got a 2009 Ford Edge, I am in love. Austin is way too good to me. The Lord provided an amazing deal on it and we both enjoy it so much! (Now, we need to fill that thing up with babies~ ha!)

In November we celebrated our first Thanksgiving in our home since being married, and our first in three years. It was a great day, lots of food, just the two of us, the dogs got special rawhides and we stayed in our pajamas all day until 'black friday' at Walmart! Austin also went deep sea fishing this month and last but not least, the Lord held is Mighty hand over my family and I can never thank Him enough for that! We also started "The Love Dare" this month!

In December my sweet husband turned 2-5, my mom celebrated another year of life and we are preparing for Christmas! We've also been attending a church for quite a while now and enjoy learning each Sunday! Being in the house of the Lord is a feeling like no other!

This is where we leave off at the moment, should anything else pop up I will definitely add to this list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com