Lately we have been trying to pay more attention to what we are eating,
thanks to an app called myfitnesspal,
my school work
& the two of us working together we've got a nice little system going right now.
Austin eats a lot,
I eat a lot and we both are working so taking snacks to work or having food ready is pretty important these days.
I figured I'd share the things we've found,
and maybe it will help someone some day!
I'll name the pictures then explain...
Starting left to right, top corner:
Sugar Free Pudding,
Pineapple Juice,
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus,
Cottage cheese with pineapple,
van's gluten/wheat free natural waffles,
earth balance soy free,vegan "butter",
healthy ones turkey lunch meat,
weight watchers string cheese,
tofu,
veggie cheese slices,
Polaner Sugar free jelly,
Nakano Rice Vinegar,
Ortega whole wheat tortillas,
Abundance Oats Oatmeal,
Healthy Selections tuna,
Annie's Cheddar bunnies,
Cascadia Farms Peanut butter bars,
Back to Nature crackers,
Stila Strawberry bites,
Healthy Harvest Wheat Pasta,
Sugar Free Pudding,
Lance Whole Grain Real Peanut butter crackers,
PB2,
Muir Glen Organic Pasta sauce,
Louana coconut oil
&
Rice land whole grain rice...
to name a few.
thanks to an app called myfitnesspal,
my school work
& the two of us working together we've got a nice little system going right now.
Austin eats a lot,
I eat a lot and we both are working so taking snacks to work or having food ready is pretty important these days.
I figured I'd share the things we've found,
and maybe it will help someone some day!
I'll name the pictures then explain...
Starting left to right, top corner:
Sugar Free Pudding,
Pineapple Juice,
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus,
Cottage cheese with pineapple,
van's gluten/wheat free natural waffles,
earth balance soy free,vegan "butter",
healthy ones turkey lunch meat,
weight watchers string cheese,
tofu,
veggie cheese slices,
Polaner Sugar free jelly,
Nakano Rice Vinegar,
Ortega whole wheat tortillas,
Abundance Oats Oatmeal,
Healthy Selections tuna,
Annie's Cheddar bunnies,
Cascadia Farms Peanut butter bars,
Back to Nature crackers,
Stila Strawberry bites,
Healthy Harvest Wheat Pasta,
Sugar Free Pudding,
Lance Whole Grain Real Peanut butter crackers,
PB2,
Muir Glen Organic Pasta sauce,
Louana coconut oil
&
Rice land whole grain rice...
to name a few.
I didn't post pictures of everything but for starters I think this is good.
I don't know what the average ,two ,active people ,grocery bill is ,
but feel like we do really well!
We tend to get groceries on Saturday, so that Sunday I can prep.
It's also usually done right after cardio for me,
weights for Austin and splitting a sub sandwich...
that way there is no "starving" splurges!
On Sunday I portion out all the pretzels,crackers and bunnies.
The pretzels (17 to a serving) are usually paired with 1-2 tablespoons of Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, one serving is 2 tablespoons but a little bit goes a long way.
The bunnies are 51, yes 51 to a serving.
Back to Nature Crackers are sent on the days we do cardio before work so he can enjoy the Healthy Choice Tuna with Dill pickles that I diced up in the food processor.
I also cook a total of 6 (cooked) cups of rice and portion them out to one cup, a day. Rice Land Long whole grain rice to be exact.
While the rice is cooking usually I have around 18 eggs boiling,
then I peel them and bag them...2-3 eggs a day. The middle has so much cholesterol, so we usually do not partake!
I love Van's waffles, a serving is 2 waffles topped with some lite syrup,
low cal, low sugar and delish!
I know butter isn't good, neither is anything replicating it but when you gotta have it, we love Earth Balance, dairy-free, soy-free and vegan. Perfect also for a herbal cleanse or 24 day Challenge.
The Rice Vinegar is also a nice substitute and tastes delicious on a baked potato or baked sweet potato, go light!
The Polaner Sugar free jelly was recommended by a friend,
it is delicious, tastes just like any sugar filled type and I love it on toast or on top of PB-2 on a rice cake. Pb-2 is just as good as regular peanut butter but the nutrition facts look a whole lot better, win! Again a little goes a long way so the 2 tablespoon serving size usually lasts me two "meals".
We can't find Abundance Oats oatmeal out here, but it is amazing and if you have it locally at your grocery store, check it out!
When purchasing pasta we try to stick to whole grain/whole wheat...
Hodkins Mill's (may be wrong on the name) has lasagna strips and they taste so good!
Whole wheat pasta is usually not that much more than regular, so we'll do our bodies the favor and stick to whole grain for no more than $1-$2 extra!
Out of all the snack bars, strawberry, peanut butter, chocolate chip type granola bars out there...
our favorite is Cascadia, Fiber One 90 cal and Stila.
The Stila bites only have 5g of sugar per bag,
Fiber one has 5g (If I remember correctly)
and Cascadia is 9 for two bars but has 4g of protein.
We were also getting the Austin peanut butter crackers but then I stumbled across these Lance ones that are whole grain with real peanut butter,
they are a dollar more,
but again...we'll take it.
The Ortega Whole Wheat Tortilla's may be my favorite find over all,
I grab a bag every time we go to the grocery store.
They're $1.59 for 10, huge and when you make a wrap out of them..
hot or cold they don't break.
On Sunday's I'll either cook a pound of 97% fat free ground turkey,
with diced up potatoes and around 18 eggs to make Austin breakfast tacos,
let them cool and then saran wrap and freeze them.
Easy,quick,healthy breakfast so we can get to the gym before work but he still gets food!
The past two Sunday's however I've been cooking a pound of ground turkey 97% fat free,
with 20 egg whites, and making him clean muffins. Those are so easy and delicious!
He usually takes 4 a day.
We also usually prepare all of our vegetables for juicing,
we juice one sometimes two times a day but that's for another post!
On Sunday's for myself I cut up a head of iceberg lettuce, cucumber, carrot, hard boiled egg (2) and make salads for the week...usually throw in some Turkey lunch meat (as pictured above) and one serving of Ranch Light.
Austin also picked up some cottage cheese with pineapple on the bottom, we have a whole lot of fruit, greek yogurt and I love Pomegranate craisins!
It may be weird but I like to change up Austin's lunches,
I know my abdominal issues that I have with myself is from the kitchen,
not the gym so I'm making more of an effort to help myself out.
My favorite words these days are organic, whole grain, pure, natural and lean!
Sorry for the rambling,
I'll post the wraps,
clean eating muffins and
other recipes soon!!
Blessings!

No comments:
Post a Comment