Monday, February 25, 2013

Delight yourself...

It seems so small but I know who to give thanks to,
God.

Austin has been interested in getting a GPS watch for quite awhile now, since around December. However we don't really spend a lot of money on "little things", our  fun money usually goes to supplements/workout products. Which is not a bad thing, we see it as an investment in our future. However, spending over $100 on a watch didn't really seem like a good idea for us.
 So Austin just kept looking and being patient, 
Saturday night he was looking into them again...since he's running these days and we decided to check out a local yardsale site.
There were a couple on there but this one, was marked nicely under $100 and the couple could meet us on Sunday after church!

I ended up driving us home so Austin could play with it,
we're pretty excited to have this and use it on our runs ..
the lapping feature, GPS and calorie counter is pretty handy!

I think it's funny how the Lord provides even the "little things",
in Psalm 37:4 it says
"
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Some think it's silly to thank God for "little" things or say that God has  a part in all we do, but I believe with my entire heart that He does.

Because we are His children, He wants to provide,
He wants to hear from us...yes even in the little things from healing a headache to providing joy with something materialistic.
The Bible says in Matthew 7:11
"
If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

Austin already tracked his calories at the gym with it this morning!

Don't forget to thank the creator for all the little things in your life,
He is good and worthy of praise!

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting one for awhile now too! I just can't let myself spend that much money on one! Great find =)

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com