Sunday, January 26, 2014

100 years

Yesterday I had the opportunity to celebrate my Mema's 100th birthday,
it'd been five years ATLEAST since we had seen her.
Unfortunately Austin wasn't able to make it because he was working but Jackson and I joined my parents and sister for the trip down to Corpus.
Some of our family members had bought a cake and decorations for the party.


She received a letter from our Governor and will be getting one from the president,also.


Mema is my great grandma, which makes her Jackson's great-great grandma.
I am so thankful she got to meet him. Mema is an amazing example of someone who loves Christ and has spent her life serving Him. She's read her Bible front to back more than once and served others while serving Him her entire life. What a legacy she has created. 

The look on her face was priceless, she lit up and continued to light up through out the day when she looked at him.
 



She let me know twice that I've "gained weight", yes Mema.. I just had a baby. She let me know in front of everyone, I could feel my face turn bright red but couldn't stop laughing. You can't be offended by someone 100 years old! Not to mention she hasn't seen me in years.

It was so nice to see other family members and be apart of Mema's special day, I just wish my husband could have joined.

We love you Mema, Happy 100th birthday!!
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com