Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Spring is in the air...

These last two days have been gorgeous to say the least,
Sweet Paisley is no longer in heat (finally) so we've been able to get back to our
daily walks and or basketball court.
 The dogs had a fit when I reached for the leash and their harness.


Last Spring we were celebrating Austin just getting home from his deployment,
we he did the front flower bed for us and it looked awesome. He is so much better with
the shovel than I am.
Avery digging up a bush - 1 -2 hours
Austin digging up a bush - 5 mins.

I can't wait for him to be close again, nothing is the same without him by my side!

I did get the flower bed cleaned up myself and the old lantana cut down and thrown away,
but not dug up-  no worries, I know it comes back. It looked like a Texas Tumbleweed in the front yard. Also put up our flower bed fencing, need to get some more though. The sooner spring comes, the sooner summer comes, the sooner Austin comes home! I am thankful however that it's going to be spring/summer during this deployment,
not quite as depressing as winter/holidays!

I have some goals this deployment:
Run 100 miles
Grow a small vegetable garden
Grow grass in the backyard
Sew some spring/summer pillowcases
Run a half marathon
Find a comforter/bed set

those are just the "big" ones.

We'll see how many I get accomplished!
I've been out of running the past two days due to a swollen ankle,
ice,compression,elevation,rest...
no fun.
I'm ready for it to heal and be back to running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com