Monday, October 28, 2013

Preparing for our little man...

Some will think this topic is appropriate,
others not so much so if nursing isn't of interest to you..
you may want to click away.
 
With our little man getting closer by the day I think more and more about how I hope everything goes with labor and beyond.

I've got an idea of how I want things to go, but am very aware that in a moment everything can go another way.
With our little man I want to try exclusively nursing as with probably every other mother out there and I am praying and preparing for it to work out that way.

In prepping Austin has ordered me  Rehydrate, an Advocare product.
You can find it in pouches or a canister, we went ahead and got the canister (two!). It is really important to stay hydrated during pregnancy, the doctors have told me it will even help with my feet swelling. I've used Rehydrate mostly for racing and training, now I am using it to prepare my body for nursing while keeping myself and little man hydrated daily.

I've had friends use this product and nurse with a very,very good supply for up to a year or more.

Not only is it safe, healthy, taste delicious but it is a really nice change up from water.

A little more info on Rehydrate,below followed by a link to order.
(P.s This would make a great baby shower gift! ;) )
Rehydrate Electrolyte Replacement Drink provides the necessary nutrients to maintain proper metabolism and delay the onset of fatigue. It hydrates your body by re-establishing your electrolyte balance with its superior formulation. Rehydrate Drink has a low glycemic index that produces a more gradual insulin response and is isotonic, thus providing rapid gastric emptying and rapid rehydration. Furthermore, this drink helps support the body’s energy cycle and provides carbohydrate fuel necessary for energy production.
Unlike other sports drinks, Rehydrate Electrolyte Replacement Drink includes antioxidants, carbohydrates, electrolytes, a powerful patented ingredient known as Sustamine™ and other nutrients that effectively promote optimal hydration and recovery. Rehydrate Drink has a 1:1 ratio of sodium and potassium, two of the most vital electrolytes that are lost when we sweat. Rehydrate Drink helps prevent cramping by providing calcium, magnesium and L-glutamine to support the contraction and relaxation phases of the muscles.


Advocare's Rehydrate



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com