Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baby Quinn

As I lay here in bed with some sort of horrible allergy problem,
achey ear, headache, stuffy nose .. I figured now would be a good time to update our sad, little, forgotten blog.

On April 28th I made a quick trip to walmart and decided to pick up an ept.
Austin was out of town for work and I was a week late. I really thought it would say "negative", your face is breaking out because your broken nose is healing and you're late because your body freaks out about little things. I bought the cheapest,one, yes just one.

When the positive sign popped up I couldn't believe it,
my face felt hot,
I began sweating and called Austin. Poor guy, he had literally been off of work no more than two hours and was sleeping. I was crying and scared him, he thought something bad was happening. That's our glorious story of how I told him. I then went to the doctor a few days later where they confirmed it. I was around 5 weeks.


This completely explained my face breaking out so bad, need a nap in the afternoon and a few other common symptoms. We are pretty excited, to think that God would bless us like this brings pure joy! A few weeks later, the day before we took a trip home to Texas we had our first ultrasound. I am so thankful Austin got to be there and knowing he will be here for the entire thing is even more comforting.

When they pulled up "Baby Quinn" there was an awful lot of moving going on, kicking around and squirming with a strong heartbeat. I wanted to lay there watching the screen all day. It was so neat to see that little baby in there but not feel a thing, in the way of being kicked.

Considering the fact that my mom was vomiting 24/7 for 9 months,
I feel like I am pretty blessed. Dry heaving greets me every morning, a long with a headache most days, along with a need to use Proactiv and being ready for bed early.

We are so excited and thanking the Lord for this fun new journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com